Artisan Cake Company Internship
Artisan Cake Company is now accepting internships!
Are you a creative personality with a flair for baking?
Have you been accused of being a perfectionist!
Do you love creating edible art and working in a super creative environment?
Consider applying to our Summer Internship Program!
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited To:
- Work with clients and concept ideas
- Assist with the creation of cakes based on concept
- Assist with creating details for cakes and online topper orders
- Assist with baking, preparing cakes, buttercream, fondant etc
- Learn to create cake structures, carve 3D cakes and shop for supplies
- Assist with Cake Delivery
- Weekly marketing activities including blogging on the Artisan Cake Company blog, as well as social media outlets such as Facebook and Pinterest.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- Super fun, outgoing, impeccably organized with an acute attention to detail.
- A proactive self-starter and able to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- Interested in pursuing a career in the baking and cake decorating industry.
- Social media and photoshop skills are a plus!
- Baking and decorating experience required.
- Able to work weekends.
- Able to occasionally lift 50 pounds (bags of flour, sugar etc) and able to stand for long periods of time.
All candidates must have their own laptop and a valid driver’s license with auto insurance. This unpaid internship is a minimum of 15 hours per week for 10-15 weeks.
Please email us info(at)artisancakecompany(dot)com with your resume (with all related experience listed), a cover letter explaining your interest in this internship, references, and your summer schedule. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Rough weekly work schedule
Sundays – Off
Mondays – Off
Tuesdays – Social Media – Shopping Prep
Wednesdays – Toppers and Cake Prep
Thursdays – Baking and Supplies Check
Fridays – Decorating
Saturdays – Delivery
Audrey Lorraine Flaim